The Place for Lam Ching Ying Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the late great martial artist Lam Ching Ying

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The top stunts of Lam Ching Ying!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Raoul

Raoul

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-31

The top stunts of Lam Ching Ying! Empty
PostSubject: The top stunts of Lam Ching Ying!   The top stunts of Lam Ching Ying! EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:40 am

Most board-goers will know that I'm not that happy with Ip Man: Donnie Yen's latest offering, courtesy of his now usual director, Wilson Yip, and choreography by Sammo Hung.

One of the major shortfalls of the film was the choreography itself, which is shocking (I know!) considering that Sammo is a fine director and an even better choreographer. Given that he's choreographed and directed two other Wing Chun movies, Warriors Two and The Prodigal Son I decided to try watch both to try and make a comparison between the fights.

Well, needless to say I still found thorough enjoyment in watching both these older movies and was still struck by that 'wow' factor. Anyway, this is now turning into a rant about something else...Time to rectify.

So while watching The Prodigal Son, I sat, eyes glued to the tv as the ninjas snuck into the opera troupe that LCY and Yuen Biao belonged to. Watching the scene where LCY flips over a fiery flag still made me think, "wow, that's some serious heat!" as it does appear that at certain points he looks like he will be seriously burnt.

So anyway, I thought that was freakin' awesome, and LCY must have done his fair share of stunts during his time (both as an actor and a stuntman).

Thus, let's hear what is your favourite stunt by our favourite star!
Back to top Go down
achillesgirl

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The top stunts of Lam Ching Ying!   The top stunts of Lam Ching Ying! EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Off the top of my head while I'm at work, this stunt moment springs to mind: there is a beautiful jump Lam makes right over the top of a guy in Mr. Vampire. It's brief, but great enough to make me rewind and watch it in slow motion more than once!

The jump happens rather early in the film, in the scene when Lam is locked in prison and he, Ricky and the dumb corrupt funny police chief are fighting off the vampire father. Sorry about the vagueness. Perhaps Ekisha can provide the appropriate names for me!

This understated, graceful jump is what makes me a Lam fan.
Back to top Go down
Katalin
Admin
Katalin

Female Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The top stunts of Lam Ching Ying!   The top stunts of Lam Ching Ying! EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:59 pm

I think I know which one you talking about. Is that the one at 0.30? I love that movement myself.