The Place for Lam Ching Ying Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the late great martial artist Lam Ching Ying

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ten things to do before you die!

Go down 
+2
Drunken Master
Raoul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raoul

Raoul

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Ten things to do before you die! Empty
PostSubject: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:15 am

With the way the world is goind, we feeling more pressured and impatient than ever before. We need to cram more into what precious time we have on earth. We're always getting told "you've so got to do this..." and "you've so got to do that..." The reality is we've all got our ambitions, no matter how ambitious or grounded. What are yours?

Here's my list:
1. Gain competence in Japanese.
2. Get fitter.
3. Travel the world.
4. Set up my own company.
5. Learn to play an instrument.
6. Write a book.
7. Publish a comic book.
8. Create an award-winning animation.
9. Direct a full-length movie.
10. Choreograph and direct a light-saber duel.
Back to top Go down
Raoul

Raoul

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:56 am

Wow, seems like no one has any aspirations :S
Back to top Go down
Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:06 am

All my aspirations are for my daughter now.
Back to top Go down
Katalin
Admin
Katalin

Female Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:24 am

Then you have an aspiration, at least one.

All the best you want for her in her life AND you want to see it happening! girlbye

You are a very good man DM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lamchingying.com
Dashiell
Dashiell

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:01 am

Raoul wrote:
With the way the world is goind, we feeling more pressured and impatient than ever before. We need to cram more into what precious time we have on earth. We're always getting told "you've so got to do this..." and "you've so got to do that..." The reality is we've all got our ambitions, no matter how ambitious or grounded. What are yours?

Here's my list:
1. Gain competence in Japanese.
2. Get fitter.
3. Travel the world.
4. Set up my own company.
5. Learn to play an instrument.
6. Write a book.
7. Publish a comic book.
8. Create an award-winning animation.
9. Direct a full-length movie.
10. Choreograph and direct a light-saber duel.

Hey Raoul!

You're a man after my own heart! I've already accomplished numbers 3,4,5,6,9 AND 10! Actually, 9 & 10 were one in the same since I made a SW Fan film. Heehee... clown

We seem to be similar in our Geeky-ness!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/seaburynorton
Katalin
Admin
Katalin

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 9:59 am

Dashiell wrote:

I made a SW Fan film. Heehee... clown

He surely made and what a SW movie it was... girl in dream

... and what a sword fight... good

Here is a picture from the DVDs menu.

I wish Dashiell would tell more. girlwink

Ten things to do before you die! 16862b8
Back to top Go down
Raoul

Raoul

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 5:07 pm

OMG! - As Jerry Jackson would enunciate in a syllable.

Is there anywhere I can see this movie?!?!

And DM, that's plenty of aspiration!
Back to top Go down
Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptySat May 23, 2009 1:16 am

Hey, I'm 47. I've got a wife who understands me. There is nothing more important than that in a relationship, and we've been married nineteen years this October. A beautiful (And that's not just my opinion) daughter who has just turned ten. I've done some Hosptal Radio work in my younger days, some writing, a bit of performing on the stage for charity, and I'm now in a job that I am completely relaxed in. I wouldn't mind winning the lottery so I could stop working and make sure my family are ok........ but then that's a fantasy, not an aspiration.

And do tell us more Dashiell. That pic is impressive. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Dashiell
Dashiell

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptySat May 23, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm thinking of a way to post it simply... it's a 15 min film, so you tube won't take it. But if there is an interest in the forum, I'll find a way. Maybe post a DivX file somewhere.

Now to see if I can find my trusty lightsaber... Wink
Back to top Go down
Dashiell
Dashiell

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptySat May 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Drunken Master wrote:
Hey, I'm 47. I've got a wife who understands me. There is nothing more important than that in a relationship, and we've been married nineteen years this October. A beautiful (And that's not just my opinion) daughter who has just turned ten. I've done some Hosptal Radio work in my younger days, some writing, a bit of performing on the stage for charity, and I'm now in a job that I am completely relaxed in. I wouldn't mind winning the lottery so I could stop working and make sure my family are ok........ but then that's a fantasy, not an aspiration.

And do tell us more Dashiell. That pic is impressive. Surprised

PS - @DM

I'm 37, and you are totally correct... there's nothing better than having a wife who "gets you."
Back to top Go down
achillesgirl

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptySat May 30, 2009 5:44 am

I totally missed this thread and am entering late.

I feel you Drunken Master. I am the single mother of a 17 year old, so the past 17 years has been focused on trying to pay the bills. You gotta do what you gotta do to provide for the childrens, and your own interests always take a back seat.

But anyway, I still have my own list of Things To Do Before I Die.

1. Speak, read and write Mandarin and Cantonese. I am already proficient in Spanish, and as an American interested in immigrant populations, these are the three languages in which I want to be very proficient. I have studied Mandarin for several years and am just now starting to learn Cantonese. Goal: be able to read wuxia novels in Chinese!

2. Art. I am finally learning Chinese calligraphy. I want private lessons with a master teacher and be able to spend half my day doing some form of fine art.

3. Travel. I really want to experience the great cities of the world. I have been to New York and Rome. I want to see Shanghai, Amsterdam, Bombay, Tokyo, Rio, Paris, Mexico City, etc. ... I want to live in Hong Kong.

4. Film. My fantasy job is to be a screenwriter for 100 Years of Film (Milkyway). I also want to work in casting.

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!
Back to top Go down
olla86

olla86

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:53 am

I want to do a lot in my life, not only 10 things...I want to have a family and good children, I want to be excellent wife and keep house well, I want my own big and comfortable house, I want to be great designer and good writer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.glittergraphicsnow.com
Katalin
Admin
Katalin

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:00 am

And so all will be cause you want it so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten things to do before you die!   Ten things to do before you die! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ten things to do before you die!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Place for Lam Ching Ying Fans :: Members :: General chitchat-
Jump to: