The Place for Lam Ching Ying Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the late great martial artist Lam Ching Ying

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who's That?! A fun game for the board!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raoul

Raoul

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Who's That?! A fun game for the board! Empty
PostSubject: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:38 am

Here's a little fun idea I thought of (please feel free to take me down a notch on your respect chart if you've seen this somewhere else).

We've all had times when we've watched a movie and recognise someone that we've seen tonnes of times before. We can't place them and we just don't know their names. Especially given that this is an Asian-centric forum, if you don't speak and particularly read Chinese, it's often hard to find the name of the minor players and extras in films (think about tracking the history of our beloved Sifu Lam for instance).

So how's about we post images of actors and actresses that we'd like to know more about? Hopefully someone here will be able to solve the mystery of [b]Who's that?![/]

Whoopie! I go first!

I recently watched Mismatched Couples and had the pleasure of seeing this guy with strange hair all over his face. I've seen him somewhere else but not sure where. Looks like he's a Yuen brother.

Ideas?

Who's That?! A fun game for the board! Mismat11
Back to top Go down
ekisha

ekisha

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:24 am

Good idea! Very Happy

His name is Mandy Chan,he was in some Yuen Clan movies like Taoism Drunkard,Drunken Tai Chi,Tiger Cage II,Here Comes a Vampire,Iron Monkey and some others where he's also action director.
Back to top Go down
Raoul

Raoul

PostSubject: Re: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:30 am

Wow, I've seen most of those movies but wouldn't have guessed that was him in all of them. I guess it must have been the peculiarly thick beard and dyed hair that threw me!
Back to top Go down
Katalin
Admin
Katalin

Female Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 7:11 am

Raoul wrote:
but wouldn't have guessed

This is really a great idea BUT with ekisha around... girlhaha I mean he is so good at this as I experienced at HKMDB. They just throw a blurry screen shot in and they come up with a name. We should try challenging him here though. girlwink

Great one Raoul. Good job ekisha. kiss
Back to top Go down
http://www.lamchingying.com
ekisha

ekisha

PostSubject: Re: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Right i'm the best,and better than best. grin

Just kidding,thanks Katalin.If there are more and if i can answer,please post more. welcome
Back to top Go down
Raoul

Raoul

PostSubject: Re: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 6:27 am

Well it's pretty awesome to have a very experienced HK film critic here to be our portable, walking, online directory of actors. I'll see if I can find something a bit more challenging for next time.
Back to top Go down
Raoul

Raoul

PostSubject: Re: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 am

Who's That?! A fun game for the board! Above_10

While watching Above the Law I first noticed this guy getting smoked in the opening scenes of the movie by Peter Cunningham. But no! He hasn't had enough and he's back for more, now only to fall into the hands of Cynthia Rothrock.

I've seen this guy literally hundreds of times in movies, and always as an extra. Maybe once he's had a line in a movie.

Any clue people?
Back to top Go down
ekisha

ekisha

PostSubject: Re: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:40 am

I don't remember seeing him in bigger roles.
Perhaps his biggest role was in Mr Vampire 4 as a guard who was bitten by geung si.His name's Chun Kwai Po.
Back to top Go down
Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Male Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 pm

He played quite a lot of thug roles in his career. I'm sure he appeared in quite a few of Sammo's films over the years. He was also an assistant action director on a few flms, including "Heart Of Dragon ", "King of Beggars " and "Black Mask ".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's That?! A fun game for the board!   Who's That?! A fun game for the board! Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's That?! A fun game for the board!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Place for Lam Ching Ying Fans :: Asian cinema :: Actors/Actresses-
Jump to: