The Place for Lam Ching Ying Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to the late great martial artist Lam Ching Ying

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sammo's Biography

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Katalin
Admin
Katalin

Female Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Sammo's book is out! Yaay!

cheers

http://www.hongkong-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=15&products_id=732&osCsid=248ec73d9e8be0ba31928e3d335a7e8a
Back to top Go down
http://www.lamchingying.com
Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:45 am

Soon. Very Happy

I've really been looking forward to this one. yamm
Back to top Go down
Raoul

Raoul

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:16 am

Looks like it would be an interesting read!

The cover is a bit..."ergh" though - Sammo is sporting his Martial Law hairstyle too Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:24 am

They could have chosen a better pic for the cover, but there again most people probably know Sammo from the "Martial Law" series unless they are HKCinema fans.

What picture/character would you have gone for?
Back to top Go down
Katalin
Admin
Katalin

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:26 am

It is a weird to me that there is no author on the cover page. Some say it is not a good sign. But looking forward to it anyway...

Cover picture... must think... girl in dream
Back to top Go down
Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:32 am

It looks like the book has been produced by the people at Jade Screen, the Jackie Chan magazine producers, so it is possibly a collection of articles taken from different sources. There is most likely an editor rather than an author as such. There is also the possibility that the cover art is not the finished version.
Back to top Go down
Katalin
Admin
Katalin

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:35 am

Oh, I see... Alrighty then. I hope it is going to be an exciting one. But whatever... it is a SAMMO BOOK!

You know what makes me thinking lately... why did His Official site disappear and they say he moved back to HK.

Do you know something about it?

So is Bey Logan's site. Gone. Why? donttalkgirl
Back to top Go down
Raoul

Raoul

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:32 am

Drunken Master wrote:
They could have chosen a better pic for the cover, but there again most people probably know Sammo from the "Martial Law" series unless they are HKCinema fans.

What picture/character would you have gone for?

Good question! I'm the usual undecided type and I'd have liked seeing a range of pictures of Sammo on the cover...First thing that comes to mind though would be his character from Eastern Condors though.

Just about Sammo's website...haven't really looked much at it at all. But I do remember from another forum I frequent, in some state in America (sorry, I'm no good at geography) where Sammo had a house, some kung fu movie enthusiasts and martial artists helped him move out. They posted a whole bunch of pictures too...

That was on The Stuntpeople forum and quite some time ago though, so probably everything I've said up until now is of no relevance! Oh well!
Back to top Go down
Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:12 am

Funny enough, I have the "Eastern Condors" pic of Sammo as my avatar on the other forums I frequent. For me the image of Sammo with the red headband is one that sticks with me the most clearly. If ever I get my PC working well enough I'll probably bring that avatar back here too. I love Lam Ching Ying, but i can't get used to having him as my avatar. fool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sammo's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammo's Biography   Sammo's Biography Empty

Back to top Go down

Sammo's Biography
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Place for Lam Ching Ying Fans :: Asian cinema :: Actors/Actresses-
Jump to: